Azure Global Service Purchase Channel and Payment Options
There are 3 channels to purchase Azure Global Services (This purchase guidance will mainly focus on Online Purchase and Enterprise Agreement Purchase details)
- Online Purchase: To purchase Azure through Azure Website directly
- Enterprise Agreement: to purchase Azure service through Microsoft representative and sign enterprise agreement
- Purchase Through Microsoft Cloud Partner: To purchase Azure Service through Microsoft cloud solutions partners
There are three main options for customer to purchase Azure Global Service:
Pay as You Go (PAYG) Customer pays based on actual usage . No minimum quantity or upfront costs is required. Customers can self-help to start or terminate the service through Azure Portal.
- This is available for online purchase customers and marketplace customers
- Enterprise Agreement customers who want to pay their overage billing directly.
Monetary Commitment (MC): After signing Enterprise Agreement, customer needs to prepay their monetary commitment in advance and then allocate their commitment by themselves. Both enterprise agreement and CSP customers can use MC for Azure Services purchase.
Azure Plans (Prepay for committed services): Customers pay up front for longer term commitments to specific services or groupings of services (Azure Plans*), including non-consumption offers like Azure supports, pre-configured services like Azure Active Directory, and some suite services like OMS, EMS, IoT suite.
- Online Purchase customer can purchase Azure support which is include in Azure plans
- Enterprise Agreement and CSP customers can purchase all type of Azure plans.