Prerequisites for creating an ARM template
Within this article, scope of “Azure Marketplace” is limited to China.
Before opening the application, you should prepare the following tools:
1. Install the PowerShell testing and deployment tool
For more information, see How to install and configure Azure PowerShell.
2. Install the ARM template development tools
ARM templates are generally developed using the Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code development tools.
- Install the Visual Studio Code development tool, and add the Azure Resource Manager Tools extension.
- Open Visual Studio Code.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+X to open the “Extensions” window.
- Search for “Azure Resource Manager Tools”, then select “Install”.
- Select “Reload” to finish installing the extension.
- Install the Visual Studio development tools.
3. You can develop simpler ARM templates directly in a text editor.
4. Azure subscription
If you don’t have an Azure subscription, please refer to the Azure Marketplace Publisher Guide.