View Enterprise Agreement subscriptions
This article applies only to Enterprise Agreement customers.Learn how to become an Enterprise Agreement customer.
If you cannot find a particular subscription in Azure, you might be looking in the wrong directory.An account can exist in multiple Azure active directories.
You can easily change directories in the Azure portal by doing the following:
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- At the upper right, select your name.
- A list is displayed of all the directories that you have permission to access.
- In the list, select the name of the directory that you want to access.
Asset unavailable error message
If you receive a This asset is unavailable, please try again later error message when you try to access a subscription or administration group, you don’t have the right permissions to view this item.
To obtain access permissions, contact the administrator of the subscription or administration group.
- To learn more about which roles you need for subscriptions, see Role-based access control (RBAC) in Azure.
Place all your subscriptions in the same directory
You can move your subscriptions to a selected directory, so that all your content is in the same location.After you have combined your subscriptions into a single directory, you no longer need to change directories and you can still inherit strategies.
Move a subscription
You can move a subscription by having the registered administrator move the subscription to a particular account in the target directory. For more information, sign in to the Enterprise Portal for more details.